Setting up a new PC

numbskull 12:15 18 Feb 2004

We have just purchased a new pc and while quite computer literate with the usual office programmes are not very technically minded. Imagine my horror to have unpacked the pc from Microland which was recommended as a good buy to find NO instructions on setting up. Is this normal?
Anyway we called in the help of a more able friend who spent the whole daye trying to set up and install everything which involved downloading "patches?" to make things work and speaking to itsupport to get necessary links. Even now one programme is not working and according to the software manufacturer' website they are aware of the problem and working on it.

How can new, expensive computers be sent out with sftware that doesn't work and requiring you to be pretty hot technologically in order to get it going. Is this normal or have I just been unlucky?

Indigo 1 12:37 18 Feb 2004

I would go back to the shop and demand that they get it going or your money back.

This is not normal at all, how can they sell you a PC that needs an expert to set it up? For all you know it might be a duffer !

Read the small print on you sale agreement to see what it says.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?