Setting up a network between ME and XP-any advice?

I successfully set up a network between my Laptop and Pc using the wizard in windows. Both PC and laptop are XP, so not too many probs. My Dad would like me to do the same for him between his PC (ME) and my Mum's laptop (XP). Is this going to be difficult given the different operating systems? They are both using a Netgear Wireless Router/modem DG834Gt and Broadband internet.
Is there a wizard in ME the same as XP? (I am presuming that I set up the connection from the PC as that is cabled via ethernet to the router but if I'm wrong and it is easier to work from the laptop please let me know!) Thanks!

keewaa 14:15 06 Feb 2006

This gives all the steps with options for the various versions of windows click here

namtas 15:07 06 Feb 2006

I am having a problem doing this same exercise so interested to know how you get on.

Am around M&D's and about to try :0 will log in at appropriate scary moments!

OK stuck already !! I'm not sure which option to take with regard to one network card etc The PC has a card installed and is connected via ethernet cable to router. The Laptop also has a card and is connected wirelessly to router. Am I option a or b on link given above? Thanks!

keewaa 16:56 06 Feb 2006

You are this (hope this is the section you mean) If your computer has ONE network card and does NOT have a broadband modem directly connected to it:

Thanks- the windows 98 PC needs to be binned- blue screens all over- I am going to give up and wait till Dad buys a new PC ;)

keewaa 12:14 07 Feb 2006

Basic Dell main boxes are available from £200 but vary in price every week, if you want a cheap change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?