Setting up a network between 3 buildings

Ogbournestandrew 12:54 04 Jul 2007

I will try to be succinct....

I have ADSL in my house but I want to set up a wireless network between the house and a 'home office' 40 metres away and a further 'home office' 40 metres equidistant from the otehr 2 ie a triangle.

I have a D Link ADSL 2+ router to which I need to attach an exterior aerial. D-Link no longer supply a complatible aerial and so I am now told I need an external access point at a cost of around £400.

Can anybody point me in the direction of another solution please?

ambra4 13:23 04 Jul 2007

Look at this site External Antennas

click here

mikesuther 16:02 04 Jul 2007

Just a thought but if you know the part number that you need have you tried international ebay? in other words rather than the usual click here, try click here

it is suprising what you will find, i used the .com site by accident once and found side visors for my olympus eyetreck gogles. friends who have bought the goggles are pleased withere goggles on a normal day but on a sunny day are so envious of my side visors.

another idea to try is a wireless extender i saw a couple in PC world. even though you you use D-link you do not have tostay with that make and you can use Belkin or a number of other manufactureers. if unsure goto manufacturers website and ask them directly. i am sure you will be able to find what you need for a lot less than £400.

Hope this helps

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?