setting up dlink DI-624 router with aol

harri103 17:18 10 Aug 2006

im having trouble configuring my dlink DI624 wireless router to access the internet (aol) if anyone who has any info to help me i would be grateful
im useing aol silver windows xp and am using a dlink 300t ethernet modem to connect to the internet (which works fine on its own)

dms05 18:15 10 Aug 2006

What sort of trouble? You'll need to provide more detail if anyone is to offer advice.

harri103 09:52 11 Aug 2006

the router is pluged into only one computer through the first lan port when i try and access aol through the router i get a message "UNABLE TO ESTABLISH DSL CONNECTION"

i have dynamic PPPoE
dhcp server enabled

FelixTCat 12:13 11 Aug 2006

harri103,

Make sure that you set up the modem exactly in accordance with the instructions. For example, adsl in the UK usually operates on PPPoA with VPI and VCI settings of 0 and 38 and VC-MUX encapsulation.

Make sure that you entered the adsl username and password exactly as given as it is case-sensitive.

Regards,

Felix

madamage 19:40 14 Aug 2006

f yu go to aol's website & click-on the link to the free wireless router broadband you will be directed to BROADBAND SILVER now in that list is alink to HOME NETWORKING. If you scroll down to FAQ'S there is all the info you need to set-up your d-link modem router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?