Setting up CCTV to the PC

  notmymess 23:47 01 Jul 2006

Does anyone have an expertise in this please

I need to catch on video/ film my NFH in the course of illegal activity affecting my property

it needs a PIR to activate the camera/ PC to record

I just cant work out what my old PC needs as an extra if anything or if theres any particular make of camera or CCTV system that is good preferably not expensive though as there are limits and until i can get the Mesh debacle sorted with the promised refund that they have then rescinded i am stuck........aaaaaaargh

  johnnyrocker 00:00 02 Jul 2006

what about using vcr instead of pc?


  Jimmy14 00:19 02 Jul 2006

have a look here some good cameras and others
click here

  notmymess 02:07 02 Jul 2006

I have a fairly powerful desktop PC thats surplus to requirements thought it was sensible to use it

and need a system that can cath the villian if i am away ........a VCR will only record a max of 8 hrs and it needs tapes changing

  ashdav 03:13 02 Jul 2006

click here
try some of these.
most of them come bundled with secufity software.

  ashdav 03:14 02 Jul 2006

sorry meant security (secufity ?)

  spuds 09:11 02 Jul 2006

There's a number of ways to tackle this.

1) Visit a Maplins store, and get advice and parts from there.

2) Do what I did, and purchase the adapter cards,cables, low light cameras from one of the regular Hong Kong based sellers on eBay.

3) Check google, for one of the many free or shareware downloads.

You might find something of interest amongst these click here click here click here

Failing that, you could perhaps register, and seek help and advice from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017