setting up a 2nd PC on Broadband

townfan63 15:57 16 Feb 2005

I am looking at getting Broadband and think that the AOL Silver package would be ideal (512KBps, No download limits, £17.99 per month).
The one thing stopping me going for that is that it says it only supports one PC, whereas I have 2 PC's that I would like to connect with.
I was thinking that I could connect a Router between mymodem and main PC and then insert Wireless card in my 2nd PC.
Would this work or is AOL Silver genuinely only going to support one PC? If so, why?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

ton 17:31 16 Feb 2005

I think that what AOL mean by support is support from their helpline.

Lots of people do network with AOL.

I did read somewhere that they do support networking now, but only with one make of router.

Diemmess 17:54 16 Feb 2005

Try Aol Tech Support (Broadband) freephone number 0800 376 4406 .... I did this afternoon and had a Scots voice and a normal conversation!

tws750 13:44 18 Feb 2005

I have the same issue but i want to network 2 maybe 3pcs and to connect via hardwire or bluetooth using AOL Silver from one machine. AOL told me it simply cannot be done. No way, no how, never. Unless of course you take AOL Gold. Is there truth in this? I don't want to use AOL software just the connection. I don't have broadband as yet, and i'm new to networks and suchlike, so i'm not sure where to start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?