Set up of DVD ReWriter

smudger1767 13:52 07 Apr 2006

Hello there Ive just installed a DVD ReWriter to go with my CD ReWriter. Ive insatalled the DVD ReWriter as my PRIMARY MASTER and my CD ReWriter as my SECONDRY MASTER is this correct ,also my DVD ReWriter shows up in the bios but not if I look in My Computer any suggestions.

€dstowe 14:06 07 Apr 2006

On the same IDE cable, one (the end) device must be set as master (or cable select) the other as slave (or cable select).

You cannot have two master devices on the same IDE connector. If you use cable select, the computer will organise this for you.

pj123 14:15 07 Apr 2006

Something wrong on that setup? " DVD ReWriter as my PRIMARY MASTER"

Your main hard drive C: with the O/S on it should be the primary master.

Apart from that I would do away with the CD rewriter as the DVD rewriter will will write to both CDs and DVDs anyway.

You can then set the DVD up as Secondary Master without any conflicts.

smudger1767 14:37 07 Apr 2006

Hello again, I thought something didnt sound right. Is this correct PRIMARY MASTER is HARDRIVE PRIMARY SLAVE is empty, SECONDRY MASTER DVD REWRITER AND SECONDRY SLAVE CDREWRITER.

€dstowe 14:52 07 Apr 2006

either set both devices to be Cable Select or the device on the end connector must be Master and the other Slave.

Is this how you have them arranged.

I am curious, though, why you think you need a DVD writer and a CD writer in the same machine.

All DVD writers, to my knowledge, will write CDs.

I would put the CD writer in a box as a reserve.

smudger1767 14:56 07 Apr 2006

OK I will do that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?