Set up can't load Keyboard layout KBDUS.DLL

nerawan 17:54 06 Feb 2011

Hi people. I had some problems with my PC. Dell Optiplex Wind XP so decided to re-install windows but after it satrats loading drivers get the message "set up can't load keyboard layout KBDUS.DLL. Can't not continue". Any idea what can I do to solve thid problem. Thanks.

northumbria61 21:13 06 Feb 2011

Have a look here click here - read through it all and especially the last post (ie.the bottom of the screen) May be worth a try doing that before things get too complicated.

northumbria61 21:16 06 Feb 2011

AND - this is the other method - but for that you will need another computer - see RESOLUTION. click here

nerawan 16:31 08 Feb 2011

I solved the problem in a diff way. I used a program ONTRACK manager that I have used in the past to format the HD. It was strange that I didn't get an option that always used b4. It did 23 or 24 partitions and I think that created the problem. I had another copy of that program , I used it and I got the option that formatted the whole HD as a unit. After that I was able to install XP and I was surprised that it took only about 12 minutes. With previos older PCs it usually took 45 min.

northumbria61 10:04 09 Feb 2011

nerawan - Thanks for tyhe feedback. Good to hear problem resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?