Until SP1 comes offered as a normal update, I would suggest that you wait. There are still some driver problems depending on your machine which need to be resolved. When they are resolved SP1 will be offered as a normal update.
If however you wish to "Tinker" go ahead, but make full backups before doing so!
I loaded the full SP1 without it being offered, but I was prepared for any unforeseen consequences.