[email protected]

kspatto 10:08 22 Nov 2006

Hi

just recieved this message with a zipped attachment(no I havent opened it)------------------Mail server report.

Our firewall determined the e-mails containing worm copies are being sent from your computer.

Nowadays it happens from many computers, because this is a new virus type (Network Worms).

Using the new bug in the Windows, these viruses infect the computer unnoticeably.
After the penetrating into the computer the virus harvests all the e-mail addresses and sends the copies of itself to these e-mail
addresses

Please install updates for worm elimination and your computer restoring.

Best regards,
Customers support service----------------------------------insidious or what its going straight in the bin
ps can anyone remember how to get the location of an emails origin from the full headers
thanks

Jackcoms 11:20 22 Nov 2006

Duplicate post click here

kspatto 22:49 22 Nov 2006

thanks jackcoms it was me who posted the other message couldnt see any way to delete a post and I wanted to make the point in the title that this was spam more as advice to people to avoid installing anything as it nearly caught me out (bear in mind it was first thing in the morning and I never normally recieve any spam in that particular account)
have posted the message as resolved now thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?