Serious WiFi Problem

hadez 12:03 04 Apr 2007

This is crazy. I bought a Linksys wireless pci card for my computer a couple weeks back and have yet to connect to the net. I'm using the internet at my bar at the moment so if anyone replies I probally wont be able to read it untill the next day...

Right, Using the software that came with the linksys card I've tried to connect online. I had to manully set the DNS. Ip address e.t.c Now I dont have to do that. But it says to me 'connected to access point, but internet cannot be found'

Now I have tried SOOOOOO many things for this, Been searching all different sites. Even the Linksys site doesn't help. I've tried uninstalling the Linksys software with just the drivers. Pinging address, setting up new wireless accounts...EVERYTHING!!

I'm getting so frustrated with this. I can't possibly connect wired because i have no phone line in my apartment, I'm using a very nearby neighbours signal (with 78% strength) with his permission.

...Does anyone else have this problem? It's really driving me mad! I have wi-fi in my bar and set it up easy and perfectly!

Please help
T.I.A

hadez 13:08 07 Apr 2007

uppin'

please help!!

Kate B 13:12 07 Apr 2007

Firewall issue?

mocha 14:35 07 Apr 2007

It may be that there is a lot of signal interference around where you are, signal strength may read high but if there's signal disruption it will seem as though you can't connect. Have you changed your channel to what his Wi Fi router is set to. This help's to direct the signals. If other people round about are all using the same channel you will find difficulty.
You may already of done this but here goes.

Go to 'My Network Places' Click
Click on 'View Network Connection's'
Where the icon is for 'Wireless Network Connection' right click and choose properties, In properties under the General tab it should say Connect using and then your Wireless model, at the right side there is a configure button. Click this. Under the Advanced tab you will
see about eight option's, click on each one and you will get a description of what it does and the option to alter the setting's, a lot will be trial and error.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?