Serious Problem with wireless for friends laptop

julius44 16:36 22 Jun 2009

Hello there, i have a very strange and baffling problem with my wireless router/connection. I have a Belkin N mimo cable router, i have windows Xp on my desktop, and I have PS3 that is connected wirelessly with no problems whatsoever!!! My ps3s' wireless connection is flawless. My friend is here with her laptop, and i cannot seem to get a wireless connection even when i input the wepkey. My router has a wireless led light, so that when my ps3 is turned ON the led light comes ON, and when the ps3 is turned off..the wireless router light goes off..which is quite cool. So then ive decided to leave the ps3 off..and put on my friends laptop....the wireless light for the router comes on then it goes back off. when i then insert the wepkey the wireless light goes on then it goes back off again..but when i put the ps3 on..the wireless light stays on....and i can play/download games wirelessly...i know my wepcode is correct....but i'm baffled as to WHY i'm unable to get a wireless connection for her laptop. Ive now had to connect it for her with an ehternet cable. Any suggestions please??? I had another friend here a few days ago with her own laptop..and there were no problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?