Serious Network Help Required

gallagj8 14:30 06 Oct 2007

The situation is I live in a big old house...therefore meaning loads of thick stone walls etc and a large area to cover, so obviously i am having trouble getting the wireless router to cover the whole house. i would like if someone could tell me how to do this---->> I have a linksys router which is supplying the wireless connection we recieve in the house but it doesnt go very far (about three rooms) I have tried using the linksys wireless G-range expander but only slightly improves the signal. Could you please tell me if it is at all possible to somehow connect a wire into our router and take it to the other end of the house and plug it into say...another router or something which would then provide wireless signal in the other side of the house. Help would be great and as I am not very good with this kind of stuff it would be great if you could recommend to me what equipment etc i need to set this up if it is at all possible.

tom200567 14:37 06 Oct 2007

Hi, I'm preety sure that you can plug in a Wireless Access Point into an Ethernet port on the back of the router and if you have a long wire to take this from the Router to the other side of the house, then im sure this will be fine. Will probably need some configuring but there are some good ones on ther market. Others will confirm this though because i'm not 100%

See click here about wireless access points

ambra4 15:22 06 Oct 2007

Look at these options

1 - If your router antenna can be removed look at replacing with a hi gain antenna

click here

2 – Install a Hi-Gain™ Wireless-G Range Extender

click here

3 - Check this posting

click here

I have use both of these products and never had any problems with the Hawking equipment it just sit in the corner and work, you will have to upgrade the firmware in
Hi-Gain™ Wireless-G Range Extender to get the max range

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?