Serious lack of humour showing again

jakedawe 00:04 07 Sep 2003

The thread OT doggie pics DID state OT or Off Topic. So the Forum Editor closed it. Nothing new in that.

woodchip 00:06 07 Sep 2003

You will get used to it

jimv7 00:09 07 Sep 2003

You've not made it untill china closed 1 of your threads -:))

tbh72 00:14 07 Sep 2003

Jakedaw - You could possibly get aware with posting the URL on the Web Design forum as an example?!?!? ;)

jakedawe 00:18 07 Sep 2003

What would be the point? The omnipotent one woul delete it anyway. It was an attempt at a lighthearted aside, obviously beyond comprehension.

Forum Editor 00:18 07 Sep 2003

with these self-indulgent "woe is me, cruel old FE has had a sense of humour failure again" threads. This is a Helproom, and a silly thread about a site with pictures of someone's dog isn't even slightly funny, so the question of a "Serious lack of humour" doesn't arise.

As for "You will get used to it", that's another example of a totally gratuitous and unnecessary snipe at our editorial policy. If you feel that you're being hard done by because I decided that a totally out of context thread should be locked I'm sorry, but if you don't like it you are perfectly free to act the fool on some other forum.

I don't usually respond in open forum in this way, but I'm no longer going to put up with this kind of Saturday night nonsense from a tiny minority who think this is some kind of a private playground.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?