Serious Error report XPHome

Dyffryn 09:27 20 Mar 2004

Hi Guys, it’s a good job we have you to turn to: My son has a Pentium 4 1.9GHz with XP Home with 256 RAM. Was running well until it crashed out and rebooted with the following message: ‘This system has recovered from a serious error’. On looking at the error report contents it stated the following:
C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini03184-03.dmp
C:\DOCUM~1\Thomas\LOCALS~1\temp\weri.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
Five minutes later it crashed out again and on reboot showed the same error report.
As you do !!!!! I reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows – great. You guessed it – crashed out again after a few minutes giving me the same error message. My kids think their old dad is a wizard, little do they know where I get my info from! Please help me keep my street cred.

VoG II 09:33 20 Mar 2004

Graphics card driver? click here

bremner 09:38 20 Mar 2004

click here for more

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:48 20 Mar 2004

Delete all the files in the c:\windows\minidump subdirectory.

Delete the whole c:\docume~1\(your
logon)\local~1\temp\werl.tm.dir00\ directory (ie the file(s) *and* the directory itself.

Failing the above and as you have re-installed I would suspect the error to be caused by faulty RAM or graphics card. Report back to try other 'fixes'.

G

Dyffryn 12:24 21 Mar 2004

My thanks to you all for your fast response and help. bremner - that was a a great fix. It was rather long and involved, but simple to follow. Everything is now working correctly - street cred intact! Thanks again, Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?