serious error PLZ HELP!

dude20 14:59 26 Jan 2008

hi there, my computer began to get slower and slower over the last month or so. It started with the internet working slow, no it doesnt connect a all. i was on it earlier typing away in word and the screen went blank. It then proceeded to restart itself and came up with this serious error code: Bc code 9c Bcp1:00000000 Bcp2:F7944050 Bcp3: b2000000 Bcp4: 1040080F Osver: 5_1_2600 Product: 256_1

PLEASE SME BODY ENLIGHTEN ME

thanks for any help, its really appreciated.

MAT ALAN 15:03 26 Jan 2008

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Technotiger 15:09 26 Jan 2008

Certainly sounds like overheating. Have you looked inside the case lately for a bit of maintenance - like checking/cleaning dust/fluff etc and making sure all fans are running properly, and that all vents are clear to allow smooth through-flow of air.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone