Serious Email problems

brambles 16:28 19 Dec 2009

I am receiving a lot of supposed returned mail - this goes in to my junk file and doesn't bother me to much even though it's annoying.

Yesterday, in both my BTInternet & Sky inboxes I received an email addressed to myself BUT from myself but with copies to everyone in my contacts list. The email starts off'Hi, here is let you excited place and directs me and all my friends to:
click here.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate protected by Microsoft Windows Live One Care. My computer is two years old and having a disc problem I had to reinstall Windows Vista obviously this needed two years updates and this has been happening continually. I have a message today telling me to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2. I can't help feeling this might be part of the reason for this mischief. So - although Live One Care carried out a scan on 19th December and reported no problems it would not check any definitions relative to Service Pack 2.
Would appreciate any recommendations.
Thank you
Brambles

User-1229748 16:35 19 Dec 2009

receiving mail from yourself means it is time to change email address :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?