In serious bother with website

spikeychris 15:42 16 Mar 2004

After loosing all my pics from my site I have spent TWO days rebuilding it. Got it to the stage when all is well and was about to upload it when I noticed that the photo gallery properties box (add/remove/edit) is empty!!!!

This hapened last time but I ignored it and uploaded...all pics bar three (the three still showing in Photo gallery props) were deleted.

If I preview in browser it shows all the photos but if I just select preview it show what will happen if I upload.

I will glady donate my kidneys to the saint who susses this out.

Recap..the photos are there but photo gallery properties is not seeing them so if I upload now they will not display...

Chris

M$ Front page 2003 using photo gallery.

tbh72 15:49 16 Mar 2004

Chris you have been doing a fantastic job with these photo galleries, and whilst creating your own is a good idea I am sure you are feeling the pressure with so many wanting images added.

click here

Why not try the above, the benefit of this is that all your hard work is taken care off leaving you more time to enjoy yourself.

spikeychris 15:56 16 Mar 2004

Just need to force the FG to see and display the images and it will be fine.

Cant upload untill it does.

Going home will check in later

Chegs ® 16:09 16 Mar 2004

I suppose I had better reload my FP so I can attempt to recreate your problems,then I will be able to advise you (hopefully) I dont suppose you want reminded there is a forum just for Web Design,frequented by folk who know how to cure your probs. ;-)

spikeychris 17:55 16 Mar 2004

Black-Artist 18:12 16 Mar 2004

does the image dir, need chmod'ing?

spikeychris 18:15 16 Mar 2004

Say again BA

Forum Editor 18:22 16 Mar 2004

are set properly, but that's unlikely to be the problem with a FrontPage site.

I can't remember the url, but if you're prepared to let me have a look at the server directories I'll gladly sort this out with you. I presume that all the images are in a separate directory in the FP web?

Email me with your FTP login details if you want me to take a look this evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?