Serif Photo Plus7 / 8

User-178362 22:56 12 Jul 2006

I have Photosuite 4 Platinum. I like the calenders that come with this, I can rezie my photos touch up, highlight. This is as far as I go. Serif are sending me offers on Photo Plus 7 and 8. Do you think I would be better off with any of these or would I be just buying what I already have? I am keen on working with pictures but not sure what to buy or if I would be just repeating what I already have. Could someone give me advise on this now or in the future, please

rezeeg 23:04 12 Jul 2006

I've never tried Photosuite 4 Platinum but can recommend PhotoPlus. I'm now on v.10 and buy versions @ £9.99 when on offer.

It can do all you mention (but don't know about calendars). Well worth a try @ £9.99.

Hillwood 09:20 13 Jul 2006

You might be better off going for Serif's PagePlus as PhotoPlus, as far as I know, does not have a Calendar option. However, you can insert photographs from any program into PagePlus.

The Calendar Wizard in PagePlus helps you design a month-at-a-glance calendar to use in any publication. You can create a postage-stamp graphic or a full-page "planner." Options include year, month, week and day labelling, room to write, and numerous format options. The calendar is created as a text-based table so you can edit it using the standard text tools

terryf 13:20 13 Jul 2006

Office will also let you download calendars click here

I have used Serif siftware for some years and they are just as good as the so called leaders but for sure they are considerably cheaper

Woolwell 16:15 13 Jul 2006

PagePlus is good for things like calendars. In the later versions you can save it as PDF and then send off on-line to have it professionally printed. I have printed out my own calendars but have used the pdf/online method for making table mats and postcards.

PhotoPlus is a quite sophisticated photo editing program. I use nowhere near all of its features.

Serif's tutorials are usually quite good.

User-178362 00:43 14 Jul 2006

Thank you very much. I have been offered Photo Plus 8 I expect that is a later version than 7. Should I ask for v10? Would you keep me in mind if you think there is a good program that I might use without repeating what I already have.

Hillwood 08:26 14 Jul 2006

Why not go to the Serif site and compare the latest versions of PagePlus and PhotoPlus. Then you'd have a better idea of what would suit your needs.

spuds 12:51 14 Jul 2006

Hi sea princess-- Serif were sending me offers of PhotoPlus 9 back in November 2005 at £9.95 inclusive. So the offer of PhotoPlus 7 and 8 seems to be outdated.

Try contacting Serif, and see if PhotoPlus 9 is still available on special offer. Remember that any Serif product comes with a 30 day no quibble money back deal. So if you try the product, and for any reason you do not like the product, send it back for a refund, you will have nothing to lose.

I do not know if this code for PhotoPlus 9 is still valid RPH907-5, but you are welcome to mention it, if you contact Serif.

Regarding PagePlus 10, this was also on offer from Serif in May 2006 at £9.95 plus £3.00 postage.

User-178362 18:13 14 Jul 2006

RPH907-5 is no longer on offer. I have asked to be sent more updated v. I would like to know if there is a program that will let me print my own photoes straight from the film, I can end up paying for rubbish photos.

dave84 18:47 14 Jul 2006

hey guys, i use Serif - good company, seems like good software for a very decent price, just releasing webplus 10 so other product prices may drop. They have an offer out at the moment for all the programs like PHP6, PP5 etc for free, need to find it in a magazine like Saga, all you gotta do is pay 82pence postage, no catch, and then anything else you buy is covered by 30 - 60 Day MBG as stated before, can get free programs in there as well. push for a better deal is worth doing as well.
best of luck! i got PHP10 for 29.99, the reason for doing 9.95 offers is coz they have new releases coming up. PHP11 should be out in a few months, might be worth a wait, but you could get PHP10 for 30quid, get a 60 day MBG, free program, send it back after two months and get the latest version!!!
best of luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?