Serial ATA Drive

hgrock 14:43 09 Nov 2007

hello all, i have an Asus KV8 SE motherboard with IDE and SATA interface connections, i have a Segate ATA drive and i want to install XP unto it as the only drive in the PC. but the bios fails to see this drive.
i used the drive before as a third hd in another PC same motherboard and it worked using segate diskwizard, the problem here as the primary drive i cannot install disk wizard before windows.
Help please before all my hair is gone, 'cause i am pulling it out by the hand full

crosstrainer 14:46 09 Nov 2007

Is IDE? If so, get hold of an adaptor that will allow you to plug it into on eof the sata connections....Can't understand why the BIOS fails to pick it up though...What is the drive in the machine at the moment?

hgrock 14:54 09 Nov 2007

I was just looking at the manual and it said HOT PLUG SUPPORT FOR ATA DRIVES AND CONNECTIONS IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS MOTHERBOARD,
Could someone please tell me what that means, does it mean that although these connections are there they are useless to plug into?
its a 120 GD baracuda 7200

crosstrainer 14:58 09 Nov 2007

Means plugging in while the pc is running, I take it you are not trying to do this?

hgrock 15:07 09 Nov 2007

no never do that with anything excapt usb

hgrock 23:10 11 Nov 2007

just thought i'd let the folks know the solution to my problem. first downloat the driver from the HD web site copy to floppy and when the pc begind to boot press F6 this will give you the opertunitu to load the driver, this is not nescessary for newer motherboards whisc would see the drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?