Sentry Parental Controls Nightmare

AbbyD 11:23 21 Jan 2009

Hi Everyone,
I'm analysing parental controls for a college project and a couple of days ago I installed a trial version of Sentry Parental Controls. After I was finished with it I needed to uninstall it, to do that you put in your username and password then uninstall.
However, for some reason it keeps saying access denied. I know I'm putting in the right details because using the same details I login to their website. They have also sent me an email confirming my username and password (which wasn’t even automated which is a little worrying).
I've emailed them quite a few times but I just keep getting the same reply telling me how to uninstall it . At first they wouldn’t even believe that I’d installed it in the first place, I had to send them screenshots! Then they said I need to run the cleanup file and that there’s no other way of uninstalling the program.
I can’t use the cleanup file without logging in though!
Now I’m just getting passed from one person to the next.
Has anyone used this software before and had a similar problem? What am I supposed to do? Surely I'm not going to be stuck with this on my computer forever!
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Abby

tullie 11:31 21 Jan 2009

Can you delete it using Revo Uninstaller?

AbbyD 11:34 21 Jan 2009

Thanks tullie, I'm installing Revo Installer now and I'll get back as soon as I've given it ago - fingers crossed!

AbbyD 11:37 21 Jan 2009

Unfortunately, it isn’t picking it up...

User-1229748 12:39 21 Jan 2009

a long shot may be trying to change your password or log in details.they will have a help section.i know it's a long shot but you never know.

AbbyD 17:13 21 Jan 2009

Thanks, I tried your suggestion but for some reason it still won’t accept it... I wonder if something’s gotten corrupted somewhere.

Should I just format my computer?

AndySD 18:00 21 Jan 2009

Try reinstalling the program - then uninstalling

User-1229748 18:04 21 Jan 2009

You may get a quicker response if you were to start a new thread in the helproom but if you do then please tick this thread as resolved (double posting is much frowned upon).You will have a better chance of someone reading who has used the program before.Or someone may know of a program that will wipe the password.

User-1229748 18:06 21 Jan 2009

sorry i was typing too slow :o(

AbbyD 18:51 21 Jan 2009

Hi again, thanks for the replies.

AndySD, in order to reinstall the software I need to first untinstall it.

Smackheadz, not sure if there is anything I can do now, I've just had another email off them saying the only thing that would get rid of it would be to format my computer... what a load of hassle... really regret installing it now.

Should I just tick this thread as resolved now?

User-1229748 19:07 21 Jan 2009

No i only meant to tick this as resolved if you were going to open a new thread in the "helproom" where you would get more and quicker help.At least this will deter others from installing it if the best support they can offer is to tell you to format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?