Sensitive Touchpad =HPnc 6220

platters 11:09 21 Apr 2010

When using the Touchpad on my HP nc6220 notepad it appears to have a life of it's own i:e = when using a dropdown box and high-lighting the sections as you scroll down it will open up a section without you left clicking, it very often is not the section you require.It seems to have a mind of it's own.How do I stop the Touchpad being so sensitive.

User-1229748 14:52 21 Apr 2010

don't know about your lappy but on my old one i used to be able to alter the sensitivity by going into control panel and the touchpad was listed in there.if you can't alter it from in there you could try the touchpad manufacturers website to see if there is any updated software.or there may be at hp's downloads page for your lappy.is this your notebook?if so click on your operating system click here

platters 13:24 25 Apr 2010

Hi smackheadz. Tried all you suggested but nothing worked.Thanks for trying.

User-1229748 16:53 25 Apr 2010

don't know what operating system you are using but if vista you could try the ease of access center and see if you have anything set to automatically open if you pause your cursor.i don't have a lappy at the moment so i'm going by my ever failing memory i'm afraid :o(

platters 13:21 01 May 2010

Hi all,I have cured the sensitive touch pad by going to / Mouse / Device Settings / Settings / Tappings / = untick the "Enable Tapping " box and that cured the problem.
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?