send/receive emails from laptop

bobbyalec 22:07 30 May 2010

Hi, and thanks in advance for any help received.
I have a laptop with wireless connection to my PC and, as far as I can see, have duplicated my email setup exactly the same as the PC but can neither send or receive emails.
The laptop was first registered using an old email address with ntl but I have updated it to Sky to fall in line with the PC.
Help!?

Bobbyalec

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:30 30 May 2010

This may help click here just click on the link depending on which e-mail client you use.

bobbyalec 22:48 02 Jun 2010

Thanks to Fruit Bat for advice which I tried several times following the instructions to the letter but now I can't even send from the PC either, tho' I can receive on both machines!

Any other ideas, folks?

Bobbyalec

Sea Urchin 11:59 03 Jun 2010

It makes it difficult to try and help when you don't say which email client you are using - and is it the same on the PC and laptop?

You mention an NTL account - are you still using this - or do you just have one Sky email address? And presumably your ISP is Sky as well?

If you cannot send from either machine then you need to look at your SMTP outgoing server settings.

Technotiger 14:51 03 Jun 2010

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but a friend of mine is having similar problems with her NTL address, she will be checking out this site later today ....

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017