sending pictures on, via GMAIL

martin p 08:48 19 Dec 2010

Hi All.

It seems that if i receive a picture from someone via (GMAIL) then try and send the same email on to someone else the pictures are missing substituted by a blank box with a small red cross.
Any idea what i need to set, to correct this.
System new PC windows 7, with Gmail.
Regards
Martin p

gengiscant 10:07 19 Dec 2010

Do you mean that the person you are sending the email picture to is not seeing it?
If so then they will need to alter their own email settings.

martin p 10:38 19 Dec 2010

No, I am erasing the previous senders email address only,then sending it on to multiple new email friends, who ALL say pictures, are not there !!
Thank you for responding
Martin p

gengiscant 11:12 19 Dec 2010

A couple of things to try:
Go to -> Tools -> Internet Options
On Security Tab - Chose Internet and then Custom Level.
Scroll Down and find Miscellaneous -> Display Mix Content -> Enable.
After accepting the warning, Restart IE

In the internet explorer Tools, click on Compatibility View Settings, add Google.com web site, then close. You should now be able to forward emails and the images should show.

anchor 13:31 19 Dec 2010

I would suggest this method:

First save the received picture to your PC.

Then create a new message with the address of the recipient, and click on "attach a file". Then add the picture file you saved earlier. Send this.

Your recipient could then open the attachment in their graphic programme. (It may possibly be necessary to save it first; depends on their setup).

martin p 15:13 19 Dec 2010

I tried your idea and suggestion (gengiscant) but to no avail.

Thank you (anchor) for reply, yes but am trying to be lazy and just resend, it worked well on my previous PC, but this one, Nar.

Martin p

martin p 07:55 21 Dec 2010

Hi All.

After going on to Google (Gmail) help forum, seems THEY have a problem that they are struggling to fix, ??

Martin p

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone