Sending pictures by e-mail

Thos 14:01 06 Mar 2005

I wonder if there is a simple way to stop Outlook Express from repeating a picture file (digital photo) which I include as an attachment, also in the body of the message. The attachment is of moderate and acceptable size but the picture in the body of the e-mail is huge and takes a long time to send and, of course, to be received.

I have searched Outlook Express Help without success. Has anyone else had and overcome this problem?

stalion 14:22 06 Mar 2005

are you sending your pics in jpeg format if not best to convert them first.

jack 15:03 06 Mar 2005

resize your pix to 600x800 - using 'Save as' to retain the original.

You could also create a 'page' of pictures in a suitable picture editor [sometimes called a page layout or montage. then size that suitably.
lots of ways to do it.

Thos 16:06 06 Mar 2005

Thank you. I have done both these things but my wish is that the pictures should not appear under the E-mail message at all. Only as the attachments to the message. How can I turn that feature off?

johnnyrocker 16:29 06 Mar 2005

have you tried 'insert file' which is how i send mine and do not get the error you describe.

johnny

exodus 16:54 06 Mar 2005

Hi, I am not aware that by default, you can stop the attachment from appearing in the body of the message. You could zip the picture and then add as an attachment and this will prevent the picture appearing within the message. The recipient will need to unzip the attachment.

exo

britto 16:59 06 Mar 2005

place picture or pictures in a folder and mail the folder.

zip it to save a few kbs if you need to

Thos 09:39 07 Mar 2005

Thank you all for your tips on how to minimize the inconvenience, at least.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?