sending mp3 files

johnincrete 08:25 16 Mar 2009

I have many mp3 files that are recordings (edited) of sermons. The original recordings were .wav that I converted to .mp3 using NCH's Switch. They average 1 hour running time and are about 50mb. I have Hotmail with 10Mb attachment limit and Gmail 20Mb.
Most of the files were split into 4minute chunks using Slice and recorded onto CD tracks to make repeating a portion easier. Recently started to record these tracks converted to mp3 direct onto people's mp3 players but now wnat to make the sermons available to people in other places. Posted CD's are too expensive and mail takes too long.

kindly 11:29 16 Mar 2009

I imagin you are wanting to send these files by email. Its ok as long as you are below the amount allowed in you email accounts. they would just bounce otherwise.
just try one first to see what happens. good luck.

Fermat's Theorem 12:41 16 Mar 2009

of putting them on a website and providing a link to those who would wish to download them?

Hope this helps:-)

johnincrete 15:44 16 Mar 2009

At about 50Gb, they are too big for email.

iscanut 16:10 16 Mar 2009

50 GB ????? surely not ! :-)

johnincrete 16:12 16 Mar 2009

I don't have a web site (is there anyone who would make a simple one for me - cheap)
I was hoping someone would know a site that I could use.

Fermat's Theorem 16:34 16 Mar 2009

may be of interest to you in the dissemination of your sermons.

click here

It was previously known as Godtube.com.

Hope this helps :-)

FatboySlim71 23:37 16 Mar 2009

I think Rapidshare will suit your needs fine.

Also, there is no need to pay for Rapidshare, you can be a free user (see my below link) and upload your file/s on to Rapidshare, you will then be given a link, all you then do is email all of the people that want to download what you have uploaded with the link to your file/s.

click here

johnincrete 05:26 17 Mar 2009

This looks like the solution.
Thanks everybody

Wak 22:54 19 Mar 2009

There is also:-
cutesendit.com
upload.sc
Dropload.com, and
yousendit.com

Most of them are FREE, have a limit of 100MB and hold the files for various lengths of time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?