sending list of addresses (Vista)

palinka 11:00 03 Apr 2009

I often need to send email addresses to friends . Using XP this was easy - I would copy and paste from my address book into an email (or even into a word doc which I then sent as an attachment). On receipt they would right click the address and "add to address book".

This doesn't work with Windows Mail in Vista.
Has anyone a solution, please?

MAJ 11:43 03 Apr 2009

"This doesn't work with Windows Mail in Vista"

It works okay for me when I just copy and paste the email address into the email, palinka. Right-clicking on the address after the email arrives, gives me the option to "Add to Contacts".

palinka 19:14 27 Apr 2009

only just noticed that this thread was still unresolved; I HAVE solved it and realise that I didn't explain the problem clearly enough - the problem was not so much friends being able to add addresses from a list to their address books but me being able to send such a list of addresses. To do that I find I have to go into mail Contacts, double click the name to reach properties, then click (or double click) again - as if to change the details of the address- and only then can I copy and paste that address into an email to send to my friends.
Long-winded compared with OE method; but at least it is possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone