sending JPEG files with emails

entropycity 20:18 13 Sep 2005

Can anyone suggest why JPEG files (some quite small) are not received when sent as an attachment, also as copy > paste and even as an insertion?

I have XP Home with Windows 2000, is there some box I have not clicked somewhere which prevents these files being sent?

Thanks for any suggestions

Chegs ® 20:21 13 Sep 2005

Some ISP's refuse various attachment types(most common is .exe)To avoid this happening to me,I zip my files into a single package for emailing.

Jackcoms 20:22 13 Sep 2005

"is there some box I have not clicked somewhere which prevents these files being sent?"

Probably not.

However, the recipient/s could have the box ticked in OE which says "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail".

Have you checked with the recipient?

Gongoozler 20:23 13 Sep 2005

I don't know of anything that stops JPEGs being sent, but Outlook Express security settings can stop them being opened.

VoG II 20:23 13 Sep 2005

Are you sure that the recipient can receive images.

In Outlook Express, Tools | Options, Security tab. Untick 'Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail'.

MAJ 20:26 13 Sep 2005

Open Outlook Express, I'm assuming that's your email client, go to Tools > Options > Send tab, click the HTML Settings button and tick the "Send pictures with messages" box. Click OK, Apply and OK to exit.

Jackcoms 20:27 13 Sep 2005

Echo! Echo!

entropycity 20:31 13 Sep 2005

Thanks for the suggestions. I think recipients use OE, I use Outlook. Does this make any difference?

Jackcoms 20:33 13 Sep 2005

No. But still check with recipients regarding their settings as above

Hamish 20:42 13 Sep 2005

Try sending them to yourself. If that works they are being block at the recipient end

entropycity 20:46 13 Sep 2005

Hamish, yes I have and they are OK.

However if I send them to a Postmaster a/c of mine the .jpg file sent ends up as a winmail.dat

Any ideas about that (and I can't open the winmail.dat file)

Thanks for all the suggestions folks: I will get in touch with recipients

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?