SENDING Freeserve emails from Blueyonder account

DJ-Garry 00:06 05 Mar 2004

I'm sure I've seen this on a thread before, but it was a long time ago and I can;t seem to find it.
I have Blueyonder broadband and need to send emails from my old Freeserve account. I have the account set up in outlook express and can recieve emails, but not send them.
I think it's just a change of server info of some type. Can anyone help with details please?

Many thanks, Garry.

TBH1 00:31 05 Mar 2004

don't think you can do that mate - - I think you have to be signed onto the relevant isp in order to dend, in this case freeserve. Most, if not all, isp have this little 'quirk'.

Sir Radfordin 10:12 05 Mar 2004

Freeserve will only let you send via their SMTP server if you connect using their dial-up number. Why don't you just send using the Blueyonder SMTP settings?

DJ-Garry 10:17 06 Mar 2004

Thanks but you are both wrong. Sir Radfordin gave me a clue of how to do it though. You have to set the smtp settings on the freeserve account to smtp.blueyonder.co.uk and the emails will be sent with the Freeserve id tag.

Thanks for your input, it helped me solve it anyway.

Cheers, Garry.

DJ-Garry 10:20 06 Mar 2004

The reason I do this is because I use different account for different things. I have a web site held on the freeserve servers and the email address has the same id as the web site. If I reply to emails sent via the web site and they have a different 'from' address, it can confuse my customers into who they are dealing with. All my personal email comes through the blueyonder account.

Ta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?