Sending Email/ Timing out

nagonlouse 23:57 12 Jan 2007

Hi all, When I compose an Email and being a one finger typist I get the message that I am being TIMED OUT this is most annoying as I lose everything. Anyone got an answer to this.

I have , Windows XP home, And Yahoo for the Email

terryf 00:16 13 Jan 2007

Why don't you compose your email in notepad or textpad, then control A to select all, edit>copy, this will copy to clipboard, go to Yahoo, open up a new email (I don't know Yahoo) and left click in the message area then hold down the Ctrl key and press V. This will copy the message from notepad to the clipboard and then paste in the Yahoo email. Then send your email in the normal way.

pimpers 00:16 13 Jan 2007

As you are a one finger tapper I would ecommend the following.
Do you have MS Word or MS Works or any other word processing programme on your PC?

The answer I am assuming is yes. Then do all your typing using the word processing programme and then copy and paste your finished work into Yahoo.

Process.
Once you have written your email open up Yahoo keeping your word processing programme open. Now open the word processing programme and place your mouse pointer at the start of your writing. Now hold down your left mouse button and drag the pointer to the last word in your email and release the button.
You have now highlighted the wording so now hold down the Crtrl+C key and this will copy your work.

Switch to Yahoo and now in the message box click your mouse pointer and now hold down the Ctrl+V keys and you will now paste your email into the box. Just add the address and click send.

Pimpers.

pimpers 00:17 13 Jan 2007

Thanks Terryf, beat me to it.

terryf 00:22 13 Jan 2007

Great minds think alike OR 2 minds with but a single thought:-)

nagonlouse 12:46 13 Jan 2007

Thanks all, one way round it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?