Sending E:Mail via a T-Mobile dongle ...

Heefie 19:28 09 Oct 2013

Has anybody ever managed this ? If so, how ? What settings do I need ?!?

I am using Outlook 2007 on WinXP. I have never had a problem whilst on a LAN but I only currently have access to a Dongle & I can do everything except send E:Mails ... I have a Gmail account and I can send just fine via their online site, it is only within Outlook (and PostBox & Thunderbird) that I cannot send E:Mails.

I have been told by a Customer Service Representative that I need to change the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) to smtp.t-email.co.uk and there is nothing else that needs changing, but I cannot get Outlook to send, no matter what I do and I have tried Port setting after Pot Setting with different encryption settings ... I am currently on the edge of insanity !!!

In Internet E-mail settings under the "Outgoing Server" tab, do I choose "Same Settings" or do I "Log on Using" ... what ? What User name and password would that be ?!? And if so, does it require SPA ? What settings should I use in the Advanced Tab, what Port, what encryption ?!?

Why does it have to be so difficult, what are they trying to hide ?!?!?

Somebody please help me !!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?