sending e-mails to 700 addresses

widdy 10:56 31 May 2014

Ok, I now have all my addresses in my yahoo address book but it will not allow me to send an email to them all at once. I could split them into 10 groups of 70 but that seems to be rather long winded. I appreciate the logic behind it to prevent Spam e-mails. This is a voluntary group set up to assist those suffering from Diabetes. I have created a group in yahoo but it seems there are drawbacks regaring those who do not have Yahoo addresses. Can anyone suggest a simple way of send an e-mail to all concerned. Thanks

Batch 13:47 31 May 2014

I think the only realistic way is to split them up. If you had your own mail servers it would be a different matter - you could then set the rules.

wiz-king 16:20 31 May 2014

I thought that would happen. Even splitting them up may not work as you want it to, some ISPs monitor mail and will notice and hold or delay bulk mail. There are firms that will bulk mail for you.

1]: [click here

alanrwood 10:05 01 Jun 2014

AOL is particularly bad at rejecting emails of this type. I have a similar group and every time I send out the newsletter all the AOL ones are returned undelivered. I have appealed on 3 occasions but they refuse to lift the ban.

The only real solution is to use a email hosting package which will allow the sending of a large group. There is a cost however of around £75 a year for your own domain and the email service together with many other facilities ie forums, web sites etc. I use Evohosting and they allow 500 per hour. I explained that I needed more and they agreed to increase it to 5,000 without extra charge.

walesrob 11:18 01 Jun 2014

Another idea is to use a professional bulk email service like mailchimp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?