Sending E-mails

robjg 12:32 07 Apr 2004

Dear forum,

I have been having problems sending E-mails through my Tiscali account and have just found out that the reason I can not send them is because I'm using B.T Broadband as my internet connection instead of a Tiscali one. something to do with the SMTP being different from the ISP I'm connecting through.

Is there any way round this or do I have to open up a seperate account with B.T to send my E-mails

Thanks for any help.

Eric10 13:27 07 Apr 2004

On your Tiscali email account leave your POP3 server set to pop.tiscali.co.uk and set your SMTP server to that of the ISP you connect with. i.e. your broadband provider.

robjg 18:20 08 Apr 2004

Do you know what the smtp server for bt broadband is?

Eric10 22:52 08 Apr 2004

I've just found out today while researching for someone else in your situation that if you're with BT Openworld then they don't have an SMTP server so you can't use other ISP's email accounts through them. There are third parties that provide this service for a charge and I have been told, but have no confirmation, that you can upgrade your BT account to a premium service that provides an SMTP server for a small extra charge. £1 extra per month was mentioned but again I have no confirmation. Your only free option would seem to be to use Tiscali's webmail. I strongly advise that you change to a proper Broadband provider as soon as you can get out of your contract with BT. I use Pipex and am quite happy with them while some of my friends swear by Force9. There are also many others who are all better and cheaper than BT.

robjg 11:30 09 Apr 2004

eric10. Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?