Sending compressed folder with Hotmail

musicbassman 14:01 02 Jun 2007

Surely this should be so easy! I am trying to send a photo folder using Hotmail. So I right click the folder,choose 'compress and email', the folder is compressed, then I am asked for Passport log in, which, unlike Hotmail log in, asks for your user name and password, not your email address and password. I do this and then I get a message saying 'Fatal log in error' then 'hr=(series of numbers)' and 'f= series of numbers)'
I googled this error and found one result which advised a Microsoft update to fix this. I have done this, but the 'Fatal log in error' is the same. I have tried signing in to Hotmail first but this makes no difference.
Can anyone advise on this?

Technotiger 16:32 02 Jun 2007

Hi, I have a hotmail address but use Incredimail as my email program. When I want to send a Folder full of photo's (the folder is within My Pictures) I right-click on the folder and in the drop down menu that appears I click on Send to, and then on Compressed Zipped Folder. The Zipped folder then appears within My Pictures - so I create my email and then Attach the Zipped Folder. Then send the email in normal way.

musicbassman 20:54 02 Jun 2007

Thanks, technotiger, but I'm sure that sending a compressed folder using Hotmail - one of the most common webmails on the planet - can't be impossible - can it?
Anyone else any ideas??

Technotiger 21:23 02 Jun 2007

Hmm, don't think I can really help then, except to remind you that there are limits to the size of attachments sent via Hotmail - 1Mb for normal Hotmail, 20Mb for Hotmail Plus. At least as far as I am aware.

musicbassman 21:46 02 Jun 2007

I've tried sending just a single picture this way and I get the same result!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone