Sendin MS Word attachments

Amer 11:04 07 Mar 2008

Hi I have just replaced my computer and set it up as per my prevoius machine. However, when I click to send a Word document as e mail attachment, it gives an error message saying that it can not send (Word could not send the email envelope). If I write the e mail first in Outlook and then attach all works fine, just a problem when trying to attach direct form Word programme.

Any help/advice appreciated

Amer Khalil

Graham. 11:24 07 Mar 2008
  chub_tor 11:27 07 Mar 2008

This is taken directly from the Word Help Centre....

To use this procedure, you must be using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Exchange, or any 32-bit e-mail program that is compatible with the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) (MAPI: The Microsoft interface specification that allows different messaging and workgroup applications (including e-mail, voice mail, and fax) to work through a single client.). In addition, you must set up an e-mail account in your e-mail profile.
Set up an e-mail account if you have not already done so.
How?

In Outlook or your e-mail program, click E-mail Accounts on the Tools menu.
Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
Click the type of e-mail server that is used for your account, and then click Next.
Note If you are setting up an MSN e-mail account, click POP3 (POP3: A common protocol that is used to retrieve e-mail messages from an Internet e-mail server.) for MSN Internet Access version 5.3 or earlier, or click HTTP for MSN Explorer.

In the appropriate boxes, type the information from your Internet service provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) or administrator

Amer 08:21 10 Mar 2008

Thanks for your help. Jut got back from weekend away your help much appreiated

Amer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?