Send priority in emails

xoc 16:40 04 Sep 2006

I often have to avail of a Bluetooth connection through my mobile phone to send an urgent email, but have to download all incoming emails before I can send the important one.
Is there any way I can prioritise the send over the receive function??
I use Outlook Express and MS Outlook??

ACOLYTE 17:42 04 Sep 2006

I don't know if this is what you want but:

In Outlook Express, you can create customised views to give you the exact view of your messages that you want.

On the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Define Views.
Click New.
Select one or more conditions for the view you are creating.
(The View Description box describes the view as you create it. Add or delete conditions, as necessary, to create the exact view you want.)
Click an underlined word in the View Description box to choose an option or to enter a value.
Click Show/Hide to decide whether to show or hide the messages that meet the view conditions.
Note

If you create a view that causes messages to unexpectedly disappear, simply change the Show/Hide settings for the view in order to see the messages again.

I have never used this but it may be possible to view priority messages first,or even sending priority ones before you receive mail,as i said i have never used this so i don't know if it would work.

Woolwell 20:40 04 Sep 2006

Someone else maybe better placed to help but in my version of Outlook (2003) send always takes place before receive.

I wonder if it has anything to do with your Bluetooth connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?