Selling on ebay for a 14 year old

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:14 05 Apr 2005

Hello,

I wan't to sell some stuff on ebay,but rather than use my dads card to pay for it id rather use mine,is it possible to use my cash card to pay for the selling fees or not?

I have a NatWest Solo card

Thankyou

octal 12:19 05 Apr 2005

I don't think a Slo card is the same as a credit card, so it probably won't offer the same protection for on-line purchases. Worth asking NatWest first though, in case I'm wrong.

Pauper 12:23 05 Apr 2005

When you set up on e-bay as a seller, you need to provide both a credit card reference and a bank account reference. You are then asked which of the two you want to have the costs deducted from.

As octal rightly points out, the use of debit cards online is not recomended due to the lack of protection in the event of fraud.

Indigo 1 12:41 05 Apr 2005

I only have/use a debit card for all PayPal transactions on Ebay and have not had any problems in 128 transactions (touch wood).

The main thing to remember is to check the sellers or buyers ratings and feedback, it is also possible to email the people who provided feedback and check with them (still not foolproof I know), if in any doubt don't trade, there are plenty of reliable traders on Ebay who make an honest living and very few conmen.

The percentages are way in your favour.

Use the Community tab to check on a trader if in doubt click here there is a forum and discussion board and it is all designed to help.

Happy trading.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:59 05 Apr 2005

I do have a paypal account which is registered on my card and i use it often to buy,And i use it rarely to recieve payments,although my account is un verified which isn't important to me as Ill never go over the limit of £200.

Perhaps I should beg for him to let me use his card to pay ebay selling fees.

Or perhaps I should ask him, him being a bank manager,but he was wrong about me not being able to use my card for paypal so ill just ask him to look into it,or i shall email natwest.

Thankyou

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:04 05 Apr 2005

Hi,Sounds like you are experienced?

Is it going against ebay rules to advertise like a site,I don't want people to bid or pay for it.

Just to tell them some info ect.

Thankyou for the link and your help i shall check it out.

Indigo 1 14:13 05 Apr 2005

Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean there, it's best to check with Ebay about advertising on their site, use the forum or discussion group.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:24 05 Apr 2005

Sorry,It didn't make sense did it?

I shall ask the discussion group.

Thankyou

BRYNIT 14:50 05 Apr 2005

Reading through the user agreement Unless you are supervised by your parents you should not be useing E-bay

Section from eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy

Membership Eligibility.
Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing,

our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended eBay members. If you are a under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.

If you do not qualify, please do not use our Site. Further, your eBay account (including feedback) and User ID may not be transferred or sold to another party. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 15:56 05 Apr 2005

Whoops!

err........

Well I have always used my Paypal account to buy things from ebay and other sites,though its my dads ebay account but my paypal account,so he lets me buy anything I wan't (without permission) if im paying it from my account directly.

I won't tell if you don't ;-)

BRYNIT 18:41 05 Apr 2005

:-X

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?