Selling a digital camera on ebay without cable?

Internetwhizzkid 20:56 04 Nov 2007

Hi,
I am just wondering. I have a digital camera that I no longer use, and I would like to see it on ebay. The only problem is that I do not have the cable that you use to transfer the pictures from the camera to the pc. Now do you think that it is still possible to sell the camera and tell them at the bottom that the cable is not provided but there is a lot of places on ebay to get one. I can even provide a link.
I know that it will/ might affect the value or bid of the camera but just as long as I can still seel it that will be ok.

The camera oriinal box televison cables and instructions and software will be included. If someone can tell me if I can sell it on Ebay that will be great
Thanks
Ben

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:00 04 Nov 2007

Why can ther buyer not just take the card out of the camera and put it in a card reader. Many computers have these as standard.

G

octal 21:02 04 Nov 2007

What GANDALF <|:-)> suggests is exactly what I do with an old camera that my son gave me and needless to say he lost the cable.

Why not buy a card reader to go with it, they are very cheap.

skidzy 21:25 04 Nov 2007

Ben as pointed out,list the item correctly fully explained.
The one minor problem i can see here if applicable;

Does this camera have a memory card facility or just onboard memory that requires the cable to download the pictures.

Other than that,just list the item correctly and fully explained that no data cable.

Stuartli 21:51 04 Nov 2007

If it does use a Secure Digital or other memory card, you could throw in an appropriate memory card reader/writer - cost will be around £5 to £10 depending on how many types of card it will handle.

spuds 22:38 04 Nov 2007

I would not worry to much about the cable, these are available for about a £1.00 in Poundland or £1.99 on eBay.

What I would suggest, is that you offer optional insurance (at buyers risk) if you are arranging delivery, and make sure that you pack the item well.

laurie53 07:56 05 Nov 2007

Since they sell cars without engines on eBay I wouldn't have thought a camera without a cable was much of a problem.

I bought a PDA with no charger, cables, cradle or manual last month.

numskull 08:59 05 Nov 2007

I recently sold a portable CD player with no earphones. I just wrote that fact, in red, in the item description.

Stuartli 14:00 05 Nov 2007

>>these are available for about a £1.00 in Poundland or £1.99 on eBay.>>

I very much doubt if you could buy the particular type of USB cables used for digital cameras for £1 or so in Poundland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?