Selective delete with DVD-R/RW

woody 01:40 15 Nov 2003

With my CD-R/RW writer i can selective delete any file on the cd.I can remove one or all as i prefer.

The software is Direct cd.

Is there a similar program for a DVD writer?

The (new)comp came with software which allows copying of DVD (i can not think what legal use i can put it too)and complete erase only.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The Sack 02:53 15 Nov 2003

Direct CD should packet write files to a DVD-RW the same as it did a CD-RW

y_not 06:05 15 Nov 2003

I videoed a friends wedding earlier this year ... two weeks ago they asked for some additional copies of the DVD.

I don't keep the images on the HDD or a copy of the DVD so, as normal, I asked for a copy from them to allow me to produce additional copies - all legal and very useful.

The copy DVD option does have its legal uses

Oh, one other thing - I can't understand why people copy copyright DVD's; the cost and effort just doesn't seem worth it (or maybe its because I never sit long enough to watch a complete film so don't see the attraction)

woody 13:57 15 Nov 2003

Thanks for the replies .I got all excited when i read my old direct CD would work with my DVD as it is a cheap program (no longer used on a different comp)- but (i am told)only ver6? works with xp and that seems expensive for a program just to delete a file.

I have no doubt they will be some rarely used occasions that copying is useful but compared to ,my,everyday life - data back up and filing i was surprised to have an expensive copy program and not be able to do the basics.

Photography is a big thing for me . I like to add pics (to Cd now DVD) as and when they are ready for filing and i do make mistakes that need removing - without selective delete and now the size of DVD to wipe and start again is too slow.

Thanks again for your comments - i will leave it open for a bit longer - you never know someone may have a cheap solution!

Chegs ® 14:14 15 Nov 2003

I use InCD(part of Nero)but EasyCD should have the same facility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone