Selecting individual files from Easy Transfer?

Cara2 12:06 13 Nov 2010

As I was having problems with my computer I decided to do a clean install of Windows 7. I used Easy Transfer.

However, the problem still exists once I have transferred everything back onto my computer. One of the original problems was that I could not use website properly - i.e. Easyjet - I could not make a booking as the website just hung. It went worse as went I put in dates the screen returned to the same page. This also happened to another travel site. In anycase, I felt it was time for a clean-up.

Is there anyway of selecting individual files to transfer at this point. Or, I am thinking will I have to start all over again (use Easy Transfer, then employ it again, but be more selective in the files/programmes I want saving)?

Hope I am making sense. Cara

GaT7 14:47 13 Nov 2010

I don't think there's an option to choose what one can & cannot transfer with WET. If you want to really start afresh, do a fresh install & manual transfer of the relevant data. This can be laborious though, but one which I always find rewarding by the end of it.

If you had those website problems in IE, have you tried an alternative web browser? Like Firefox click here or Opera click here for instance? Give them a go & let us know if there's any change. G

Cara2 21:26 14 Nov 2010

Thanks for your reply.

There was a way to determine which files to transfer, but all did not go according to plan and I may have lost some stuff. Will post again with my latest woes.

Cara

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017