Segate Hard Drives

curtis8345 15:31 01 May 2006

Segate hard drives are always cheaper than most hard drives does this mean they are not as reliable. Thanks

terryf 15:34 01 May 2006

Try google 'seagate hard drive reliability' or 'seagate hard drive problems' and see what you get

DieSse 16:56 01 May 2006

*does this mean they are not as reliable.*

No.

Though I can't say I've ever noticed them to be significantly lower priced than other major makes, either.

Later on this year the acquisition of MaXtor by Seagate should be finalised.

pj123 17:03 01 May 2006

Although I only have 1 Seagate hard drive which hasn't caused me any problems, I don't like them. All my other hard drives are Maxtor and have been no problem either.

DieSse note about "Later on this year the acquisition of MaXtor by Seagate should be finalised." worries me though.

Where did that information come from?

DieSse 17:09 01 May 2006

click here

PS - *Although I only have 1 Seagate hard drive which hasn't caused me any problems, I don't like them.*

May I ask what it's done to you that you don't like it? I confess I have used many Seagate drives and fewer MaXtor ones over the years in building systems, and in my own - I've never developed any emotional attachment to them one way or another.

george 17:14 01 May 2006

Hi,

Seagate Barracuda drives, the new ones, are anything but cheap.

Where are you buying them from?

Cheers,

george

Ikelos 17:35 01 May 2006

seagate aftersales is first class, nothing is too much hassle.

curtis8345 17:51 01 May 2006

hi guys thanks for all the help i was just wondering

pj123 18:10 01 May 2006

DieSse, my second PC has a 17gb hard drive as C:
running Win 98SE. It took a long time for me to get it to work in the first place. But now it is working it has never proved to be a problem. The slave D: drive on this computer is a 120gb Maxtor and it installed with no problems at all.

My main computer has two Maxtor 80gb hard drives installed and again never had any problems installing them.

OK so that means I only had a problem with 1 Seagate hard drive but that's all it takes.

citadel 19:22 01 May 2006

I have a new seagate and it is quieter than my old maxtor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?