Seeking help of Electronic Engineer

paddyjack 22:54 20 Mar 2006

A friend has asked me to see if I can get him some help with the following ‘SG3525 PWM half bridge ultrasonic transducer oscillator circuit diagram’ he has built this circuit but he can not get it to function correctly.

I said that I would try and help through the people on this forum. I know more information is required and I will be getting hold of that tomorrow.

I don’t understand all that’s involved, and I am just passing messages so please bare with me.

ACOLYTE 23:04 20 Mar 2006

A What now? lol

I dont know what it is but maybe its on here?

click here

ACOLYTE 23:05 20 Mar 2006

Or here? click here

Forum Editor 23:11 20 Mar 2006

is likely to be your best bet.

DieSse 23:13 20 Mar 2006

*SG3525 PWM half bridge ultrasonic transducer oscillator circuit diagram*

The SG3525 can do lots of different functions, in lots of different circuits - which one is he building - link please - to drive what?

paddyjack 23:14 20 Mar 2006

Thanks ACOLYTE this is at the moment a one off build and is not on sale. The bloke is trying a radical techonology even winding his own coils. He suspect his maths is not correct, so I said that with I would help by asking here.

There are many occupations and hobbies here so I thought its worth a try.

Thanks again

PC Bilbo 23:18 20 Mar 2006

What you describe is a type of voltage controlled I.C.rectifier

Try here click here

There are a number of electronic circuit schematics including pulse width modulators.Your friend is possibly using this in a power supply or automotive
application. Could also try researching semiconductor manufactures site for application help. Try ST Microelectronics site and just put in the actual device number you quoted.

paddyjack 23:19 20 Mar 2006

DieSse I dont have all the info at the moment he has working prototype useing transistors, but it is too big so he is useing 'Fets' (not sure of the spelling here. I will have a lot more info tomorrow so if you could bare with me. Much oboliged.

I know what the overall project is but dont know the bit by bit detail.

DieSse 23:24 20 Mar 2006

FETS are Field Effect Transistors. Unless the circuit is designed to use FETS, they can't simply be interchanged as their characteristics are different.

paddyjack 23:35 20 Mar 2006

DieSse he has redesigne the board to accomediate the FETS but he is not geting the output as required. I will leave this for tonight he is going to drop of the circuit diagram to me tomorrow, along with some more information so I know what I am talking about better.

Meshuga 07:35 21 Mar 2006

I would suggest that, as your friend has the skill to build what he is doing, I would think that he has a computer and would therefore be better advised to become a member of this forum and then post one to one to members. That way he can be more explicit with his questions and members would be able to query things directly without all the to and fro through third parties.
No offence to you intended but it would simplify matters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?