seeking driver info.

trv4n 20:53 14 Jan 2008

Hello, I have a dell 1520 inspiron lap top, the one issued to aol members. Somehow I have lost the driver information for the Cd drive, it is a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA device, when you go to the device manager there is a little yellow exclamation mark, further still in volumes (i think) there is no data. There is an error 39 which I have not worked out what it is yet. I have tried inserting the driver disk supplied but obviously it wont work. I have also tried as suggested allowing the computer to look for drivers on the internet. It tells me that it is up to date.?.My only other solution would be to revert to factory settings. This i am not keen on. any other suggestions?Hopefully this makes sense. thank you

skidzy 21:19 14 Jan 2008

Code 39 click here

Have you rolled back the driver ?

Code 39
Problem: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Resolution: The driver may be corrupt. You should uninstall the current driver, then click scan for hardware changes. To reinstall the driver.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:35 14 Jan 2008

Virtually all CDs /DVDs players and writers will use the same windows drivers in XP. they are in the windows\system32\dirvers\ or windows\system32\DRIVERS \ folder and are:-
DRIVERS\cdrom.sys

DRIVERS\imapi.sys

drivers\MxWI2k.sys

drivers\pfc.sys

DRIVERS\REDBOOK.sys

and in the windows\system32 folder

storprop.dll

try device manager update driver and install these files. to get your CD/DVD working again.

trv4n 19:15 16 Jan 2008

thank you for all your help. I first tried the error 39 :removing the lower filters etc via skidzy's reference and fantastic it worked! Many thanks. Saved me many hours of other worries. keep up the good work

kcenderby 02:44 09 Feb 2009

Just wanted to thank;Skidzy thank for your post and help, I have struggled as a begg'inner computer gal,The steps with removing the drive (cause it fell under error code 39),then followed the lower and upper filters removal,mine, however had only the lower one.PTL my dvd/cd drive now works ater four(4) months of obcessing sending for solution probably 86 times!!!!It took 3 min w/your help Thank You Iam so grateful! Most of all my grandchildren can now watch thier favorite DVD's. They say tank yoooou too SKIDZY,for fixes my cookum's computer so i can watch that BUNNY and DA (DORA)!after! kcenderby "never" a doubter from now on, but a "DOER" lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?