see whats happening on another pc

chrisjohn 12:43 27 Nov 2005

is their any prog that i can put on daughters pc and run on my laptop,so i can check what she is doing,without her knowing,realtime.

ACOLYTE 13:06 27 Nov 2005

I dont know of any,there may be somthing out there,im not to sure on the legality of them tho you could be invading her privacy by spying on her.Maybe best to move the pc to a room where people are that way you can have a quick look over her shoulder,and it may be better than the alternative.

SG Atlantis 13:14 27 Nov 2005

My only idea would be a keylogger on her system and when she's not using the PC, go on it and have a look at what she's been doing?

seeing what's she is doing realtime would be pretty much impossible, cost wise too.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:42 27 Nov 2005

I think thats horrible trying to spy on what she is doing, im 14 and im just chatting to my friends on msn and my mum / dad /uncle / aunty ect they all look at what I am doing as if I were doing something I shouldn't be...

Sometimes when my friends are upset about something and they wan't to tell me privately they do it on msn, when someone try's to look at what it is, I imediately minimize it and they usually come out with a comment like "oh chatting dirty?, or "girlfreind?", and believe me it gets really annoying...

Just in interest why would you wan't to spy on her? - maybe you feel she's doing something she shouldn't?

SG Atlantis 13:44 27 Nov 2005

wait til you're a parent big ben strikes 10 again!

then you'll understand more clearly from a parents point of view.

fullyfitted 13:58 27 Nov 2005

BIG Ben strikes 10 again!

Nice to see you back on the forum

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:00 27 Nov 2005

Forgotten what its like to be a kid?

If you havn't then you would know what its like to have your privacy...

ACOLYTE 14:00 27 Nov 2005

You could install cctv lol.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:03 27 Nov 2005

Thanks fullyfitted I love you too, I guess I havn't been around much, been busy with coursework ect, I take it im still kid of the forum right? ;-)

stalion 14:05 27 Nov 2005

This is always a delicate subject and this thread was ticked as resolved after the first posting.So to avoid further bickering amongst members it would be best to close now

Stuartli 14:56 27 Nov 2005

Youngsters' natural curiosity often plays a role but, although there is a certain amount of risk if you don't keep a discreet eye on their surfing activities, the media's obsession with the seedier side of the Net does play a part in increasing parents' natural anxieties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?