securty help

snoopygirl 22:18 18 Dec 2007

i use spyware terminator,ad-aware,advanced windows care,ccleaner,superantispyware,spyware blaster,comodo firewall,avast antivirus,winaso registry optimizer, could any one tell me if i am using too much thanks

mrwoowoo 00:54 19 Dec 2007

ignore me
i have terminator on real time shield now.
Super anti spyware i use to scan as it picks up more on your pc.
Obviously i have too much as i keep getting them muddled.
I was dreading GANDALF <|:-)> finding this post.
But to be fair GANDALF <|:-)> , you don't know what other people use their pc's for,so might need more protection than you deem fit.

snoopygirl 20:38 19 Dec 2007

mce2k5 i have one been using some of the items since yesterday

skidzy 20:41 19 Dec 2007

If you have not seen this,worth a read click here

snoopygirl 21:23 19 Dec 2007

skidzy how do i delete a file folder windows wont let me superantispyware thanks

[email protected] 23:07 19 Dec 2007

nod 32 av only, hardware firewall 6 months no problems at all. i do a online scan every now and then always clean. i have never known any anti spyware find anything other than cookies which are very easily removed bu ccleaner etc.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:35 19 Dec 2007

'But to be fair GANDALF <|:-)> , you don't know what other people use their pc's for,so might need more protection than you deem fit'..hate to say it but you are writing utter rubbish. When will you and the rest of the antispy programme fanboys realise that nearly all 'infections' are as a result of the operator letting the programmes install on a computer. I'm sure that many hit by the MBS problem were tooled up to the hilt and it is people like you that cause the problems by allowing people to rely on antispy programmes.
The makers of Trojan programmes are not daft and realise this too. /me shakes head in disbelief.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?