security.symantec .com - VIRUS HELP

Pangie 13:05 11 Apr 2005

Im using WIN xp with avast anti-virus and ad-aware.i have just ran security.symantec.com and the following is the result:

E:\WINDOWS\kjhp5681.exe is infected with Adware.SAHAgent
E:\WINDOWS\system32\fched32.exe is infected with Adware.Envolo
E:\WINDOWS\system32\g1sgmi8k.exe is infected with Adware.SAHAgent
E:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\MediaAccX.dll is infected with Adware.WinAd
E:\Program Files\Common Files\mifo\mifop.exe is infected with Adware.TargetSaver
E:\Documents and Settings\Svotwa's\Local Settings\Temp\dealhelper.exe is infected with Adware.DealHelper
E:\Documents and Settings\Svotwa's\Local Settings\Temp\GLF47GLF47.EXE is infected with Adware.TargetSaver
E:\Documents and Settings\Svotwa's\Local Settings\Temp\iinstall.exe is infected with Packed.Adware
E:\Documents and Settings\Svotwa's\Local Settings\Temp\targetsaver.exe is infected with Adware.TargetSaver
E:\Documents and Settings\Svotwa's\Local Settings\Temp\tsinstall_4_0_3_8_b17.exe is infected with Adware.TargetSaver
E:\Documents and Settings\Svotwa's\Local Settings\Temp\ICD1.tmp\MediaAccX.dll is infected with Adware.WinAd

When i run Avast,the above viruses are not picked, so how can i sort this problem.many thanks for anticipated help

Belatucadrus 13:18 11 Apr 2005

All the things the symantec scan has reported have been classified as adware, as such they aren't viruses and that's why avast hasn't reported them, I'd suggest you add the following programs click here Microsoft AntiSpyware and click here Spywareblaster, the first will clean adware off and the second helps stop it getting onto your PC in the first place

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?