Security Vulnerability

Dumble452 18:58 02 Feb 2006

I have recently upgraded to Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 and it informed me that my computer was vulnerable to 3 known Microsoft Security Vulnerabilities. I am using WindowsXP home and always make sure that it is automatically updated. I updated MS Office and that reduced the number of vulnerabilities shown to 1. This is shown as having a Very High risk level targeting Windows and refers to related bulletin MS05-009. I have looked at this bulletin and basically I do not understand it. As far as I know all the various applications are up to date. When I built my computer I set it up to dual boot and still have Windows98SE available, (although I no longer use it) I have also updated this, but I am still getting the same message. Can I safely ignore it?

curlylad 22:44 02 Feb 2006

It looks as if this issue is relating to remote access vulnerabilities in Windows Media Player , Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger.

This article will explain it better for you click here

If you have read the article and are still unsure about it then post back and we will help !

Dumble452 08:20 02 Mar 2006

I came to the conclusion that this is a false alarm since I have all the relevant updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?