security update

blazingbadger 19:08 12 Aug 2009

security update and anopther mess up why when Micro$$$$$$$$ofrt half whits put up these "Security" updates do they insist to the updates takes out your Modem and conection OP system Vi$ta Modem WebStar Skyline Atlanta EPC2100R2 and ether net is the same I am half for quiting the upadte just to stop the agro of having to sort out my conections Micro£oft suck like £$%^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:35 12 Aug 2009

OK
now you have had your "rant" about Mcrosoft could you please explain your problem a little more clearly?

GaT7 19:45 12 Aug 2009

Try a System Restore before the updates, then reinstall one update at a time. Reboot each time, & if there's any problem again you'll know which one/s is/are the culprit/s. G

blazingbadger 19:46 12 Aug 2009

It is there in plain English
to the updates takes out your Modem and conection OP system Vi$ta Modem WebStar Skyline Atlanta EPC2100R2 and ether net is the same

GaT7 19:53 12 Aug 2009

"It is there in plain English" - I couldn't understand it either to be honest.

Have you heard of punctuation? G

PalaeoBill 20:08 12 Aug 2009

"to the updates takes out"
"your Modem and conection OP system"

I'm struggling with the English too.

Are you trying to say that you have a PC running Vista that is connected to the internet via Skyline Cable and a Atlanta WebSTAR EPC2100R2 cable modem?
Then, when processing Microsoft Updates, the PC crashes taking out the cable modem at the same time and this happens both when the PC is connected to the modem by ethernet cable or USB cable?
If this is what you mean, then I know a couple of people who had similar problems and in addition they got freezing on specific web pages that wouldn't clear without a reset of the modem. They changed their cable modems and resolved the problem. So it might not be a Microshaft problem after all.

blazingbadger 20:23 12 Aug 2009

PalaeoBill
1 I am saying that I have a PC running Vista that is connected to the internet via Skyline Cable and a Atlanta WebSTAR EPC2100R2 cable modem
Then, when processing Microsoft Updates, the PC crashes taking out the cable modem at the same time and this happens both when the PC is connected to the modem by ethernet cable or USB cable
to this no the computer does not crash.The modem is simply taken out unrecognised. This happens every time there is a security update of mass proportions like the last one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 12 Aug 2009

It seams english ain't quit wot it used to b

:0)

OK lets quit with the "Badger Baiting" now we have figured out what the problem is.

I agree with Crossbow7, system restore and install updates one at a time.

When sorted, set your Updates to "Notify" rather than automatically download and install, this will prevent several updates installing at the same time which is often a cause of this type of windows problem.

PalaeoBill 22:34 12 Aug 2009

May be of some help: (see last entry)

click here

blazingbadger 07:20 13 Aug 2009

When these updates come every one is as this Time (I did'nt count them)are designated Important How do I know what is what. alot look like patches to me.
Ps Guys sory about the rant

blazingbadger 08:00 13 Aug 2009

Would the update of Windows Maliciuos Software Removal tool have any thing to do with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone