Security Update

Kryten_2X4B523P 11:44 12 Jul 2007

Hi Guyz, sorry my first post has to be a help post .....

I keep getting a shield in my system tray that asks me to install "Security update for Microsoft .NET Framework, version 2.0 (KB928365)" .... When I install this update, everything seems fine, but then I get the same shield in the tray asking me to install it again. This has been going on for about a week now, it keeps asking me to install the same update over and over again .....

Any advice would be great ...

Thnx ...

Andy1991 11:48 12 Jul 2007

Interesting. mmm

cocteau48 11:48 12 Jul 2007
  cocteau48 11:54 12 Jul 2007

As you will see from one of my postings in the first link above it was still asking me to download this update even after I had uninstalled .NET Framework version 2.0 and replaced it with version 3.0.
Follow second link to uninstall/reinstall version 2.0

Andy1991 11:55 12 Jul 2007

I suggest doing a few scans for problems. Do Ccleaner first: http:\\click here
Then START > Run > type "SFC /scannow" > OK (U may need your WinXP disc in)
Then see if you can use a registry scanner to fix registry errors
Then after that go to My Computer, right click your C:\ drive (or the one that holds XP) then select properties, then go to the tools tab, and select check now, then tick both boxes, then click Start, and click Yes, then restart.

I don't know whether this will fix it, unless anybody else comes up with the solution but its meant to keep ur system healthy and its worth a good shot.

Andy1991 11:57 12 Jul 2007

Try complete uninstalling Netframework then get all ur updates then.

Jackcoms 12:03 12 Jul 2007

"Try complete uninstalling Netframework then get all ur updates then"

There are already several other threads in the Forum about the latest .NET Framework updates.

A lot of members (including me) are unable to install them or, if they try to un-install .NET Framework as you suggest, Windows won't allow uninstallation.

Me thinks we have an MS cock up here.

cocteau48 12:39 12 Jul 2007

Jackcoms :thinks you are right - but this is the second time it has happened to me and others - there is a thread from a couple of months ago with exactly the same scenario - the last time there was a .NET Framework update.

Andy1991 12:52 12 Jul 2007

interesting... it lets me uninstal mine i think, but i would not uninstall 1. It may fail to update framework cause may be its in use by a program or something. So, try safe mode and installing the update, as long as u download the update first to where u can get at it. click here

mfletch 13:08 12 Jul 2007

Hi all, I am only quessing here but have you all got windows defender installed? Or not, I have and the updates loaded OK, All those having trouble have you got Window defender?

Like I said I am only guessing?

mfletch,

Jackcoms 13:12 12 Jul 2007

Yes, I have Windows Defender.

Your theory is??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone