security tool virus help

tomemz19 18:40 31 Mar 2010

Hi, was infected with security tool last week. We have got rid of it and now installed malwarebytes. We did a scan and then cleaned up all the infections it found. I am still worried if anything is still lurking in the background and wont buy anything over the internet as a friend said it can steal your card details. We have virgin media total security on as well as malwarebytes. Please advise.

ame 18:51 31 Mar 2010

Malwarebytes is an on-demand virus-scanning tool. A good real-time scanning internet security all-in package is Norton Internet Security 2010 which you can find on Amazon. If you don't want to pay, download Microsoft Security Essentials. Note you can only have one real-time scanning antivirus on your pc at a time. Malwarebytes and MSE together are fine and free.

Halmer 09:32 01 Apr 2010
  birdface 10:01 01 Apr 2010

Run your security programs including Malwarebytes in safe mode and delete anything that they find. Then run C Cleaner to get rid of any other crap left behind Then switch system restore off and when you reboot switch system restore back on.

birdface 10:07 01 Apr 2010

virgin media total security.
Maybe think about removing that and Using MSE.Superantispyware and malwarebytes that should be better for you.
Virgin media security was never much good maybe it has improved now I don't know.I have been with NTL[Virgin] for about 7 years and would not think about using their security again i had a hard enough job trying to remove it if I remember right.
I use AVG.A Squared and Malwarebytes but MSE seems to be getting a good reputation.

tomemz19 13:40 01 Apr 2010

Thanks for all the advice. Will try these. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?